Already in 2013 we found out that the old evaporator was leaking. We went on a European road tour that summer and we had to refill the system. Finally, I had time to do the job in 2016. I studied every line in the DIY at pcarworkshop.com and bought a new Behr evaporator.
The job was pretty time consuming and the most difficult part was to get the whole air box with the evaporator and fans back in place and get the tubes behind the dash connected to the air box.
Took the tank out, removed the fuse box and released the air box.
Putting it all back together again.
I Also took the opportunity to change the expansion valve and replace the gaskets.
The DIY at pcarworkshop.com recommended to also change the drier which was quite easy as it is located in the left front wheel arch.
I cleaned all parts and treated all plastic parts with Aerospace 303. Here all is back in the car except the cover below the air intake.